Blog Layout

Tuesday, November 1, 2016

NaNoWriMo 2016



Well, it's official. I failed my Octowrimo. I had the best intentions, but somehow I completely lost the momentum I gained in the early part of the month, and I hardly wrote any of the actual story (though I did get around 4000 words of outlining, so I'm glad of that at least).
Well, onwards and upwards! NaNoWriMo has arrived and I'll be updating my progress in the sidebar here on the blog, as well as on the NaNo site. I have 30 days to write 20,000 words. Shouldn't be hard, right?
Well, add two more weeks of studying the tax code (I'm hoping to get a job as a tax preparer), an obsession with knitting (especially as the weather gets cooler) and a natural inclination for procrastination, and you have a recipe for, well, un-success. But I'm determined to give it a shot at least.
Today I waited until the evening to start writing. I was feeling so unmotivated. So I set a timer for 15 minutes and got about half my goal (667 words), then I set it for another 15 minutes. By the end of that, I had a bit over my goal, but I had suddenly gotten in the swing and I ended up writing a thousand words.
I know better than to get all cocky now. I'm not going to slack off tomorrow just because I covered the word goal for that day. Losing momentum is the worst thing that can happen, so I am going to try my best to get in my minimum goal every day, no matter how far ahead I am.
Click here for my NaNo Profile


Are any of my readers doing NaNo this year? Tell me about it in the comments!









No comments:

Post a Comment

I'd love to hear your thoughts; keeping them clean and polite is all I ask.